About The Role:
We are seeking 6-12-month temporary position within Testing Services, providing support for the Research, Development & Innovation team. The work will be in the laboratory testing area with shop and material handling responsibilities.
In this role, the Technician will perform testing of units and sample parts. In this position you will be involved in continuous improvement activities within the Testing Services team and will have the ability to implement improvements daily.
• Set-up and operate tests, perform measurements, photograph defects, complete root cause analysis of test failures, and document all in written test reports using Microsoft Word or Excel.
• Follow test methods.
• Work with other RDI employees and experts to troubleshoot problems that arise.
• Work cooperatively with Engineers to complete their projects and give input on issues uncovered during testing of products.
• Monitor the progress and assignments of work requests.
• Make corrective actions to achieve timelines.
• Perform product installations, unit fixture preparation, or part mounting into test equipment per instructions.
• Requires ability to lift and install window / door units (> 50 lbs) and use hand and power tools daily.
• Build test fixtures using appropriate materials and tools.
• Complete window installations per instructions.
• Cut and prepare samples for material testing using saws and other shop equipment.
• Build simulated stud wall sections to match construction requirements.
•Effectively use material handling equipment. Will need a fork truck license.
•Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
• Consistently follow ergonomic and safety procedures.
• Work effectively as a team member and manage multiple priorities independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to support testing assignments.
• Other duties as assigned.
What is Required:
• Excellent organizational, communication, and customer focus skills.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Detail orientated.
• Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
• Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
• Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to operate power industrial trucks (forklift, pallet jack, etc.).
• Must be able to operate typical wood shop tools (miter saws, drills, tape measure, etc.).
Sound Like A Fit?
Apply now for consideration!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Good Manufacturing Practices