Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, record and reconcile transactions, assist in the preparation of financial reports, determine and calculate accounting treatment in an accurate and timely manner within the financial records and handle special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide analysis for Accounting management and business unit teams to determine financial liabilities and prepare appropriate accruals.
- Prepare journal entries and assigned account reconciliations on a period basis according to established schedule. Follow up with appropriate individuals for any needed corrections and prepare journal entries accordingly.
- Perform analytical reviews and interpretation of financial data and provide understandable explanations to non-financial business partners.
- Produce reports for other departments and teams as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal and external auditors and SOX requirements.
- Assist in quarterly reviews/year-end audits with internal and external auditors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Accounting Systems/ERP.
- Strong analytical, organizational, conflict solving and negotiation skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with other departments, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations with respect to accounting treatments.
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend financial reports, and legal documents.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to top management, external department heads, customers, clients and other employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred; and
- 1-3 years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.