Corporate Accountant – Current Job Opening (Dallas, TX)
You will work directly with and report to the VP and Controller to assist and provide a range of accounting duties including financial reporting and administrative support.
- Day to day activities and responsibilities:
- Preparation, review and analysis of financial reporting; including GAAP and STAT financial statements, cash flows, estimates and budgets.
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end regulatory reporting, financial statements and related information
- Variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis on actual to budget, estimate to budget, and estimate to actual.
- Assist with and review and compilation of the annual budgets.
- Assist with audits and regulatory filings.
- Assist in implementing and researching accounting changes to comply with regulatory accounting changes
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Accounting background with 1 to 3+ years financial reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting, Finance or Economics preferred;
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or CPA is a big plus
- GAAP accounting experience required; STAT is a plus.
- Public accounting is a plus.
- Able to work under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Very comfortable with technology. Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Entrepreneurial spirit looking to make an impact
This is a full-time permanent position with a growing (technology centric) Insurance company where you will have the opportunity to be in on the ground floor and help shape ad build the department.
Our client offers competitive pay, amazing benefits (free health insurance for you and the family!!) very generous PTO/Vacation time, company paid lunches, team building events and an amazing office culture.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Jason Keck at Email blocked - click to apply
Standard Accounting Practices