Do you want to work for an organization that makes a Lasting Impact on children, youth, and families? Working at Eckerd is satisfying, challenging, and makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact.
About Eckerd Connects
Family has always been at the heart of Eckerd Connects. When we were founded in 1968 by Jack and Ruth Eckerd, the legendary power couple was often asked what motivated them to start a non-profit in rural Florida. Their answer was always the same, “It’s the kids.”
Today those words still hold true – but much like other families, ours has grown. Five decades later with a presence in 20 states, Eckerd Connects has developed solutions that promote and strengthen the well-being of children, families and communities. Our family of services has expanded to include foster care, adoption, workforce development, aid for the homeless, transitional services for troubled youth, and so much more. Eckerd Connects continues to grow and evolve our services providing innovative solutions to issues that face society.
Responsible for high-volume processing. Responsible for analyzing the financial performance and status of Eckerd Connects' government contracts as it relates to billings and accounts receivable and recommending strategies and/or process improvements where appropriate This position is to administer, bill, and track the progress of all contracts from award to closeout; assist, as requested, in the formulation of awarded and proposed contract budgets; update financial systems regarding contract budget modifications; and assure proper indirect rate applications are transacted. Works closely with internal staff to ensure contractual requirements are met, projects are billed timely and accurately, and that project financial status is updated and communicated appropriately. This position also works closely with customers to ensure fidelity of invoices and required documentation and that we remain contractually compliant with all billing related activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that draft and final bills are generated, approved and submitted to the funding agency (customer) in a timely manner and in accordance with contractual terms. Responds to and investigates/resolves billing inquiries/discrepancies from staff and clients; and ensures revenue is recognized. Provides support to staff and clients for the billing generation process including invoice and revenue adjustments, edits, invoice amounts /carry-over balances.
- Point person and coordinator of all financial monitoring activity performed by the funding agencies. Coordinates with the customers regarding scheduling of monitoring activities, provide internal control and policy/procedure information and requested analysis.
- Assists during GAAP, A-133 and DCAA audit activities to include communicating cost activities, internal control measures, policy and procedures, CAS conformance, etc .
- Prepares and analyzes reports as requested, which summarize business activities regarding earnings performance, direct and indirect cost levels, and forecasting financial results. Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies and reviews financial statements for accuracy and clarity within the timeframes scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining records of budget vs. actual billed, paid, unbilled or disallowed. Responsible for generating credit memos when necessary and investigating any and all disallowances to work with internal and external customers to resolve.
- Responsible for gathering backup documentation monthly from various sources to satisfy customer requirements; organize the backup documentation; and submit the backup documentation with the bill in order to fully show the costs being billed for reimbursement.
- Required to code, enter, review and/or approve journal entry transactions, accounts payable invoices, purchasing card transactions, as well as employee expense reports and timesheets. Approval / input is required from billing analyst to ensure accuracy and allow ability of expenses.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
Experience: Three years of clerical/office experience in a billing or accounting environment to include actual preparation of billing and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
Skills: Knowledge of Financial systems: Deltek GCS Premier, Microsoft SL, Unit4 Business World preferred; must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office software, especially Excel. Knowledge of Financial Accounting Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards. Experience working with Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Per Diem, and Fixed Price contracts. Knowledge and experience of the government contracting process. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence and speak clearly. Strong process orientation: detail oriented, logical and methodological approach to problem solving. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures and deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations. Ability to work collectively in a team environment as well as work independently on assigned tasks.
Other: Appropriate and valid state driver's license. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Physical/Mental Demands: Ability to spend extended periods of time sitting at a desk.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules