1600 East 29th Ave Columbus Nebraska 68601
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The HR Intern supports the day-to-day activities of the HR department while working closely with the HR Manager. This is an individual contributor role that contributes to the business, leads and owns certain deliverables and will also be assigned to specific, meaningful projects throughout the duration of the internship.
- Assists in the process of posting and communicating job openings
- Makes candidate arrangements and coordinates interview schedules
- Assists with New Hire Orientation
- Assists with onboarding activities for new hires
- Assists in the coordination of the summer intern program and other campus activities
- Participates in group learning activities designed to provide a broader exposure to and understanding of the business
- Owns 1-2 projects that will be focuses for the duration of the internship; presents key findings and recommendations to members of HR leadership
- Maintains employee files
- Maintains confidentiality of employee relations and other business or HR functions
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma and 1+ year of experience (post high school coursework may be substituted for experience)
- Work 15-20 hours during Fall 2019 semester
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in an HR or Talent Acquisition function preferred
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email Email blocked - click to apply.