To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Director, Behavioral Health Product Innovation - Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 19 days ago
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(SM)
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors -- your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
The Associate Director of Behavioral Health Product Innovation is responsible for the strategy, design and development of new products and services that cut across all customer channels within Behavioral Health. This role actively assesses market conditions to determine opportunities to develop innovative products and develops product strategies aimed at capitalizing on market opportunities. This role also reviews existing product performance and makes product lifecycle recommendations.
Success in this role will require candidates to have a strong bias toward fact-based decision making and strategic thinking. Individuals in this role will work with internal or external business constituents to determine product future direction and will need to lead through influence. Never content with “good enough,” you also need the perseverance to constantly enhance, track performance and improve your product in a highly matrixed environment. If you’d enjoy the challenge of owning a product from idea to implementation, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
Product Capabilities: Successful candidates will design and develop new products within the Behavioral Health organization leveraging internal product development stage-gate methodologies. Successful candidates will be expected to manage a portfolio of projects. They will lead the efforts of cross-functional teams and will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and communicate market characteristics and customer needs based on facts and analysis. Develop research and analysis plans required to deliver strategic product insight. Execute and/or lead primary and secondary research. Translate information from research and analysis into insights that drive product design. Communicate all aspects of research and analysis to executive stakeholder groups. Communicate product insights in a succinct persuasive manner to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop product strategies leveraging market understanding, targeted analysis and hypothesis-led thinking to craft product strategies that will confer a competitive advantage to Optum. Uses clear logic to make strategic decisions in ambiguous situations. Prioritizes strategic enquiries (incl. analyses) to develop insight as pragmatically as possible. Uses storytelling skills to explain product strategies in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Design product that achieve market advantage by leveraging fact-based product research and articulating a clear convincing product vision. Leads detailed product development of product designs with matrix partners. Ensures that products are delivered with all key elements of the value proposition fully realized and measured.
- Develop and support product-level business plans including ensuring product P&Ls are profitable, realistic and clear. Ensures product designs will deliver a strong customer ROI. Collaborates with matrix partners (e.g., finance, clinical operations) to monitor, measure and report on product development progress and product performance.
- Develop and implement product programs and release schedules using an established product development framework. Complete all relevant steps and document decisions clearly. Lead product rollouts including development of training material and training plans.
- Translate product vision into operational designs by decomposing the intended customer benefits into features and capabilities that will deliver intended benefits. Works with matrix partners to translate required capabilities into concrete operational processes and measurement plans. Ensures all operational elements of a product are well understood and designed to meet product specifications. Documents product operations from product vision to detailed executional expectations in a manner that facilitates rapid implementation of pilots and product launches.
Project Management Capabilities: This role will be required to manage 1 – 2 product innovation projects at a time with only minimal project/program support using a defined, stage gate based project management process. The role is a good fit for candidates who can:
- Manage and control project timelines and resources identifying project duration, effort and key risks and dependencies. Ensures detailed project plans are in place for all efforts and that project budgets are established and appropriately managed. Ensures project schedules are comprehensive and realistic and that all tasks are appropriately tracked.
General Capabilities: Contributes meaningfully to the overall business and shows personal leadership skills needed to contribute in a matrixed corporate environment.
- Work independently accomplishing tasks and driving work with little to no supervision or direction. Focuses effort on tasks that will drive the most value for the company.
- Work well with ambiguity and takes concrete steps to add value even when the objective is not well articulated. Establishes hypotheses and works to validate and communicate those hypotheses with peers and supervisors to quickly redirect effort to add the most value.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or related field preferred) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of marketing and product and/or project management or development
- Expertise in using and gathering competitive intelligence, market research and voice of the customer data to drive strategic product plans
- Demonstrated analytical acumen including deep understanding of financial management
- Proven track record of operating and navigating in a highly complex, matrix environment, experience in seeking buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Self-motivation, ability to work with little direct supervision and drive results with disciplined follow-though
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align clinical strategies with business objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to showcase UHG’s culture and values
- MBA or MPH preferred
- 5+ years of total work experience in healthcare / managed care / insurance industry and behavioral health preferred
- 2+ years of consulting experience in a top-tier firm with focus on health care preferred
- Knowledge (or ability to learn quickly) of managed care market, commercial health insurance, Medicare / Medicaid and regulatory landscape is preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Eden Prairie, MN, product development manager, product development