Responsible for defining requirements, analyzing, designing, coding, testing and supporting applications, with minimal direction and assistance. Prepares specifications and documentation as well as test plans; conducts peer code reviews and testing; follows established development, documentation, and system standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform application analysis
- Design, implement, and test applications
- Prepare technical documentation
- Troubleshoot and perform bug fixes as needed
- Participate in code walkthroughs, testing, and migration
- Provide on-call support
- Research existing problems and propose solutions
- Perform system/regression testing
- Provide systems operations support
- Perform unit/integration testing
- Prepare user documentation and provide user training and support
- Performa all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with course work in
- Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience
- Three or more years of related work experience with demonstrated competence
- Ability to create effective, efficient RPG II, RPG III, RPG IV, RPG FreeForm program code based upon detailed specifications, with periodic support and direction by more senior development staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Understanding of and compliance with IT development process.
- Demonstrated ability to define and conduct unit testing of programs written or modified.
- Ability to independently analyze and design moderately complex systems and solutions on an IBM I Series (AS400) system.
- Knowledge of IBM I Series programming and commands including but not limited to: CL, DDS, SQL, FTP, WebSphere, IFS and documents.
- Experience with retail or wholesale ERP systems.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.