The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking an innovative Media Manager for our Broadcast Operations department in Springfield, Virginia. The Media Manager is responsible for the curation, accuracy, quality, timely processing and delivery of all media, both long-form media for MBN.
MBN is an Arabic-language multimedia organization whose mission is to expand the spectrum of ideas, opinions, and perspectives available in the media of the Middle East and North Africa. Provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Media Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Prep media: Create and maintain folders; download media, confirm CC.
* Process QC Sheets: Receive timing sheet from editors; confirm TRTs, house number and title info; Deliver to QC Operator; Return QC'd Sheets to Editors
* Download media off distributor hard drives and ingest media off tapes.
* Occasionally create and post Ingest Sheet.
* Log and or scrub content where necessary
* Manage daily file QC and format adherence
* Review, change and/or edit supplied metadate to ensure compliance with internal metadata standards
* Manage daily archive requests and media retrieval.
* Assist Manager, Media Management as needed
* Generate ingest workorders within ScheduAll
* Manage daily file movement and file based ingest requirements
* The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties and take on other responsibilities as dictated by events and circumstances.
Candidates are required to have:
* College diploma in Mass Communication/TV Broadcasting preferred
* 3 years' experience in a Media Management and/or Production Asset Management environment in a broadcast context preferred
* Strong proficiency with Adobe Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder
* Basic editing skills
* Knowledge of broadcast formats and aspect ratios
* Basic math skills, familiarity with timecode
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and can also work independently and self-manage workload.
* Ability to shift priorities in a timely manner through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and other departments both internal and external.
* Strong understanding of file movement, file systems and broadcast MAM operations
* Can communicate technical issues in layman's terms when liaising with non-technical colleagues.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-traffic, deadline driven environment.
* Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Asset Management