Home Care Consultant | Job Description
Trusted Care at Home, Inc. /dba/ Home Instead Senior Care
Company History, Culture, and Vision :
The Birmingham franchise was established in August of 1999 and is celebrating its 20 th Anniversary in 2019. Over the years we have enhanced the lives of more than 6,500 seniors and their families by building trust, taking the lead, and sharing our hearts. The company believes that happy CAREGivers equals happy clients and has been named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for ten consecutive years. This culture has allowed the company to establish one of the lowest turnover rates for direct care workers in the country. This franchise is one of the largest Home Instead Senior Care franchises in North America.
The company is owned by Bert & Stephanie Copple. Bert joined Home Instead in 2006 where he worked in marketing and sales. Two years later he was promoted to franchise General Manager, and in 2014, he and his wife purchased the franchise. Bert is a decorated U.S. Army war veteran, the executive pastor of a local church, and a certified John Maxwell Coach and Speaker. He holds an MDiv in Leadership, an MA in Theology, and a BA in Communications.
The day-to-day operations of the business are overseen by an amazing team of managers, led by General Manager, Anne Monaghan, who has been with the company since 2006.
The franchise seeks to add value to its clients, CAREGivers, and key players by providing services and benefits not seen at other companies. The owners opened a boutique private-pay durable medical equipment company, Copple Direct Home Care Supply, to provide immediate access to clients and CAREGivers with low-cost, no-hassle DME solutions when needed. The company celebrates its CAREGivers with an annual CAREGiver Celebration Dinner every January where CAREGivers of the Month and Year are honored with gifts and trips. CAREGiver are also recognized for hours and years of service at this event, with more than $3,000 in door prizes raffled off to employees. The company uses an on-line recognition platform where key players and employees can honor and celebrate each other for living the company culture. The company also invests significant time and resources into hands-on training and certification, requiring CAREGivers to complete 16 hours of classroom training during their first year, and attendance at four mandatory open house trainings each year where they are taught skills and required to demonstrate abilities to the Quality Assurance team of nurses. The company conducts client-to-CAREGiver introductions for all first meetings, to ensure compatibility and comfort, easing what is easily the most difficult – a first shift. All CAREGivers are enrolled into a mentoring program for the first 90-days of employment to ensure their questions and concerns are addressed, and to help them learn and practice the company culture.
The company believes that the future belongs to those agencies that are both high-touch and high-tech. Using tablet and cellular technology, all clients will eventually have instant access to the office, the Quality Assurance Team, and their families at the touch of a button. While CAREGivers will be given tools to enhance the care experience and provide better documented care in the field. This technology has already been implemented and is being rolled out by a designed Integrated Care Manager on staff.
The company is looking to double in size over the next three years, and is seeking an energetic, vision-chasing individual who can join the team, fuel passion, and get the job done as a Home Care Consultant.
The Right Person
The company recently parted ways with a long tenured individual who helped grow the business over the past sixteen years on a part-time basis. The next Home Care Consultant must be able to sell. They must have connections already within the healthcare world – this is not an on-the-job training opportunity. They must be able to build relationships through consultative selling techniques. They must be incredibly personable and have great bedside manner. They must be likeable with every first impression. They must be coachable and hate drama and gossip. They must be creative – how can you leverage our high-tech position to enable us to care for more seniors using fewer human resources. They must be community minded – how can you run our monthly support group and grow it, and organize and rally volunteers around our Be a Santa to a Senior Program? They must be detail oriented – as we become a better organization at understanding analytics, can you properly document and log your community interactions and track your efforts with excellence? They must have a high motor – we move very quickly around here, and we are a change-ready organization. What got us here won’t take us there, and what gets us there won’t take us to the next level. They must embrace change and support new ideas. If you do not like change, do not apply for this position!
Are you ready to join a driven team committed to a vocation of trust, leadership, and compassion? If so, keep reading!
The Hiring Process
The company’s goal is to have all candidates submit a resume and salary requirements to qualify for a Skype interview. The desire is to complete all Skype interviews by the end of November 2019. Candidates who advance will then be invited to a face-to-face interview at the office. A final round of interviews will then be conducted which will include a presentation on a topic to be determined. All candidates who advance to the first face-to-face interview will be required to complete a Maxwell DISC assessment.
In a perfect world, the right candidate will be hired and begin training on Monday, December 16, 2019. However, the position can remain vacant through the end of January 2020 if the right candidate is found later.
The Home Care Consultant is responsible for ensuring achievement of revenue objectives for the assigned territory (Southeast Oakland County and Western Warren). Revenue is to be generated from a variety of Sales and Marketing duties, including researching and pursuing new referral sources and enhancing and maintaining relationships with existing referral sources. However, primary attention and focus should be on 12-15 “A” accounts with a proven history of referrals. This position is responsible for reporting results in moving relationships forward to the General Manager on a weekly basis, discussing successes and opportunities, and demonstrating documented progress and inquiry production in Sales/Marketing/Networking areas.
Compensation, Bonuses, and Benefits:
The base pay for this position will range between $50-$65,000 based on experience. Three bonus opportunities exist for the position on a monthly-basis. The first is our projected billable hours goal bonus, the second is a care consultation conversion bonus, and the third is a service inquiry generation bonus. In all, this position can max out their salary and bonus potential to be between $72,400 and $87,400 annually.
The position comes with a company car for all business travel, a monthly cell phone reimbursement, and an expense account for business-related activities in the community. You will also be eligible for health insurance, vision and dental insurance, supplemental insurance, and an IRA access plan after your first ninety days.
All full-time key players at our franchise receive 15 days of PTO each year and are allowed to carryover five of those days to the following calendar year.
• Reflect the core values of Trusted Care at Home, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
• Responsible for researching and developing Referral Provider Network relationships and producing referrals; performs all phases of consultative sales process, including preparation and documentation of cold calls, follow-up calls, diagnosis of referral source and client needs, recommendation of appropriate Home Instead® services and additional community resources, maintaining and nurturing existing referral accounts, including follow-up, as necessary.
• Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the consultative sales process, and following up with all referral providers discovered in this process
• Achieve inquiry generation objectives for assigned territory with the primary goal of bringing in new business to increase overall market share. Target accounts include, but are not limited to, hospitals, physicians, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, senior centers, hospice, rehabilitation centers, etc.
• In conjunction with Home Instead Senior Care franchise leadership, develops sales and marketing plans, detailing weekly and monthly activities focused on meeting or exceeding established goals.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Home Instead Senior Care brand. Effectively presents Home Instead Senior Care marketing materials and services to referral providers, including 1:1 meetings, as well as planning, arranging and conducting formal group presentations to referral providers.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls; presentations; closed sales; and follow-up activities within the assigned territory, including the use of software to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
• Develop a database of qualified leads from referrals through face-to-face cold calling on referral providers, email, telephone and Web.
• Coordinate the annual Be A Santa To A Senior program
• Lead the monthly support group in Troy, MI
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
• Participate in and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects, and co-workers.
• Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions as needed
• Conduct quality assurance (QA) visits with clients as needed
• Participate in various PR strategies
- College degree required or equivalent work experience
- Related business or sales experience (consultative sales a must)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
• Must understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Trusted Care at Home, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
• Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
• Must have the ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making
• Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
• Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, the franchise owner, clients and the community
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must have the ability to operate office equipment
• Must have the ability to operate HISC technology systems
• Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required to perform Care Consultations on a very irregular basis
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Product Quality Assurance