When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Architectural Design Manager!A Day In The Life Typically Includes
Guardian is seeking an Architectural Design Manager in the Northern California region of the US.
The Architectural Design Manager (ADM) proactively develops and manages a network of architects, designer/architects, glazing and general contractors to drive sales growth through the specifying process of Guardian products and selection by the contractor. Through research, solicitation and networking within the architectural and design community, the ADM will actively promote and ensure commercial glass products are specified in the planning process of projects and also ensure that those projects are purchased from us during the construction process.
What You Will Need?
- Execute a strategic plan within the territory that utilizes internal and external resources to maximize our sales though new relationships, presentations and meetings within the entire design and construction process.
- Pursue commercial projects relentlessly from inception to completion.
- Prospect for new architectural contacts and other key influencers within the sales chain, driving increased revenue.
- Conduct educational sessions on glass technology with Architects, Glaziers, Fabricators and other key influencers.
- Effectively present Guardian's product line, technology to various organizational levels and expertise.
- Participate in industry organizations such as AIA, USGBC, and CSI.
- Make 12-15 calls weekly on architects, glaziers, fabricators, and other influencers in commercial construction channel.
- Identify new product/application opportunities for Guardian.
- Gain commitment from key influences and close project sale.
- Track projects utilizing our CRM system (Infor) from the design process through completion, ensuring our products are purchased.
- Must be located in Northern California area (Sacremento, San Francisco or Oakland)
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or an architectural or design field
- 3+ years proven success selling commercial goods as an inside / outside sales representative
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in an influential sales role including all aspect of the sales cycle; prospecting of new clients, networking within industries, selling to specification and multiple steps sales processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success within the specifying process from inception to completion and how to affect the multiple-step sales process to drive revenue.
- Proven proactive and persistence approach to lead generation and account management throughout the lifecycle of account acquisition, sales processes and over all relationship maintenance.
- A strong and influential presenter in front of large groups. Ability to present at all levels of an organization in various communication modes.
- A strong strategic thinker/planner who is capable of analyzing and continually improving a multi-step and multi-strategy sales model.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand market, client and stakeholder needs in order to develop or better position the company resources to meet those needs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as familiarity with organizing and managing a CRM.
What do we have to offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Guardian Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Product Development