Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 19298
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for representing and counseling entities on U.S. government contracts and subcontracts. The candidate will be responsible for the development and oversight of the company’s U.S. government contracts program, including compliance with regulations, training, contract review and negotiation and providing expertise and coordination among the various business units in regards to U.S. government contracting.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develop and oversee the company’s U.S. government contracts program. Coordinate and liaise with various business units to develop and maintain a cohesive program.
- Serve as the company’s expert for U.S. government contacting matters, including regulatory requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with U.S. government contracting work.
- Prepare, draft, negotiate and review a variety of government contracts and subcontracts, such as letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, master services agreements, distribution agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, etc.
- Develop, deploy and oversee corporate policies for U.S. government contracting.
- Develop, deploy and oversee compliance training for U.S. government contracting.
- Oversee compliance with federal procurement requirements.
- Manage a portfolio of projects with varying business units at any given time.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed related to regulatory matters generally.
- Candidates should have 5+ years of directly transferable experience advising clients on U.S. government contract matters; 10+ years of experience preferred. In-house legal experience preferred. Law degree (and member in good standing of a bar in at least one state or the District of Columbia) required.
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR/DFARS as well as those requirements unique to contracting with the U.S. government.
- Experience in proposal development, negotiations, contract performance and dispute resolution for U.S. government contracting matters.
- Experience in international business development, contracting and regulatory compliance matters, including ITAR, EAR, FCPA, and trade compliance regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, research compliance issues, interpret regulations, and formulate recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of management and U.S. government agency personnel.
- Recognized intelligence, decisive behavior, sound judgment, with an ability to prioritize, and capable of working successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Organized and methodical skill set.
- Remote work may be an option. Some travel may be required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Export Administration Regulations