To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Telephonic Clinical Appeals Reviewer - St. Louis, MO
UnitedHealth Group • St. Louis, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
Must live in or near St Louis, MO, Atlanta, GA, or San Francisco, CA.
- Provide Phone Support to drive resolution of caller Questions / Issues
- Develop and Maintain Productive Relationships / Interactions with Callers
- Familiar with Business / Industry concepts and terminology as pertains to appeals and grievances
- Provide Consulting / Education on Caller Issues / Trends as pertains to Appeals and grievances
- Resolve member service inquiries related to member and provider appeals and grievances
- Process telephone inquiries regarding: Basic appeal rights, Appeals status, General process, Basic complaints, Urgent appeals
- Triage calls to determine call type and transfer to the appropriate department as necessary
- Refax letters to providers and facilities, as necessary
- Ensure accurate documentation of calls
- Identify requests for escalation / complaints and escalate accordingly
- Route identified issues to the appropriate site, as necessary
- Manage calls efficiently and effectively
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member / provider / facility in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member / provider / facility
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve inquiry
- Participate in special projects, work groups or committees as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Telephonic Customer Service experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years of Healthcare Insurance experience
- Experience with Word, Excel & Outlook. (Word - Create correspondence and work within templates. Excel - Data Entry, Sort / Filter, and work within tables. Outlook - email and calendar management.)
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails and conduct data entry.
- Comfortable working Monday through Friday between hours of 7:00 am - 7:00 pm CST in other locations with possible overtime
- Any college experience
- Familiarity with Medical Terminology
- Experience with Claims
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, St Louis, MO, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, appeals and grievances, call center, Optum