To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Lead
Stewart Title • Houston, TX
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
Provides expert-level systems programming services on highly complex and/or highly specialized projects and initiatives. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems programming activities. May work closely with IT Architecture to ensure systems are aligned to overall functional strategy. Provides training and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- May write code using lower-level and/or higher-level languages
- Formulates and defines specifications for complex programming applications
- Modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Designs quality assurance reviews and evaluations of new and existing products.
- Implements strategies to increase reliability and decrease cost
- Develops processes for internal operational effectiveness
- Ensures standards are implemented, maintained and followed
- Designs, implements and supports a variety of technologies
- Assist in defining the roadmap, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization of systems
- Maintains and manage relationship with 3rd Party vendors
- Maintains and review centralized reporting and management for applications and services
- Develops and implement strategies to increase reliability and decrease cost for technologies
- Documents environments and review accuracy
- Develops and implement processes for internal operational effectiveness and continuous improvement
- Ensures data confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Provides technical and strategic guidance to service partners as appropriate.
- May plan for future capacity needs and technology refreshes
- Participates in 24x7x365 enterprise operational support as required
- Provides reports on teams’ service delivery, projects, and support metrics
- Oversees support to remote data center facilities as requested
- Implements processes for internal operational effectiveness and continuous improvement
- Generates reports from information gathered from metrics
- Communicates process changes, enhancements, and modifications so solutions are understood.
- Exhibits in-depth knowledge of enterprise server storage and networking hardware and technologies, Enterprise level IT processes and procedures such Ticketing, Change Control, and other ITIL processes
- Works with R&D of new designs and technologies, monitoring/improving systems performance and maintaining disaster recovery readiness and procedures
- Work closely with the Operations teams to identify gaps and implement solutions to drive improvements in reliability, performance and availability
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise within own function and broad knowledge of other functions
- Provides advice within area of expertise and may contribute to development of organization functional strategy
- Regarded as technical expert within discipline
- Anticipates business and regulatory challenges
- Recommends improvements to product, process or service
- Leads complex or specialized projects
- Works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Impacts direction of program, project or services
- Solves unique problems with broad impact
- Develops creative solutions through conceptual and innovative thinking
- Communicates complex ideas across functions and levels
- Successfully persuades others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Typically requires 8+ years of related work experience
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com// subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com/ or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1900 option 1 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Equal Employment and Nondiscrimination
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are recruited and employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, history of disability, veteran status, nationality, or sex/gender. Some state or local laws also specifically prohibit discrimination on the basis of additional classifications, which may include ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status and/or parental status.