Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
This Finance Business Partner position has direct involvement and analytical responsibility for assigned business units. The primary objective of this position is to optimize business financial results and revenue development by proactively monitoring financial trends and key performance metrics and responding with value-added analysis to facilitate decision making. This position is an active contributor to the development of overall business strategies and the day-to-day operations of the businesses. Specific activities include commercial analysis, operational reviews, pricing, financial planning and forecasting, support of strategic initiatives, insight for customer contracts and negotiations, business expansion and providing value-added financial insight to the business leaders. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of the business and finance to coach, collaborate, and challenge their leaders while providing unique insights through use of established analytics, reporting and information processes
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with senior leadership
- Ability to influence senior leadership through financial interpretation and explanation
- Understand the business (es) to provide business trends and insightful analysis of the details and summary level information to allow the leadership team to make informed and prudent business decisions to improve the financial performance of the business unit.
- Supporting the business in its growth initiatives from organic to strategic investments and acquisitions
- Own and manage all aspects of the annual and monthly planning, forecasting, and reporting processes for multiple business units. Including:
- Deliver comprehensive analysis of the financial results and key metrics of the business unit to leadership about the status of the business with respective comparisons to budget, prior year, and outlook
- Understand the impact of unusual items that skew the interpretation of the true financial performance
- Investigate results that do not line up with expectations and follow up on any corrections and long term root cause resolution needed.
- Create presentations for senior management
- Develop financial models for special projects to provide support for decision making
- Ensure the team understands where and how the business unit is expected to grow (price, new business, erosion, market growth, etc.); commitment (along with the business unit director) to deliver the budget commitment every year for each business unit supported (revenue, operating income, and operating income margin)
- Collaborate globally and across peers to drive consistency and best practices
- Challenge conventional ideas in a group and one on one settings
- Partner closely with other groups (Operations, Audit, Accounting …etc.) to improve processes and increase controls. Includes following up with groups to ensure changes occur.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis and/or accounting
- Prior experience with Hyperion and Oracle systems
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Excel and solid proficiency in the other Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Word).
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Solid quantitative, written, and presentation skills
- Strong Influencing ability
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in interacting at all levels, both internal and external to the organization
- Strong financial analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- CPA/CFA or MBA preferred
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.