Goodwill is one of the leading non-profit brands in the world and one of the largest non-profits in Southern California. We are a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused on our Mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
The Retail Work Experience Trainee is a temporary work experience position that provides the participant an opportunity to learn the basic tasks and skills of the position. Participants are placed at a variety of work sites and each experience is unique in skills attainment.
Participants selected for this work experience must meet program requirements and will train for a predetermined number of hours. For more information on how to qualify for this or other work experience positions please [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 10649 Work Experience Trainee-Retail (PT).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service, engages with each customer, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Follow all safety rules and exercise caution in all work related activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all social distancing and personal protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, and stock merchandise on the selling floor, following company standards.
- Merchandise and maintain the sales floor to meet standards and guidelines.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs necessary janitorial work.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This is a temporary position.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- No prior experience or training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Educational Skills & Abilities
English Language Skills
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
- New Hire Orientation
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer Service Training
- Financial Literacy
- Managing Difficult Situations
- Hire Select Assessments
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion, recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and accountability.
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community, business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 10649 Work Experience Trainee-Retail (PT)
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Job Family :WCD
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Employment Indicator :Seasonal
- Hiring Rate :$16.04
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service Training
- Financial Literacy