National Security Solutions organization is responsible for engagement and support
of opportunities with the potential revenue of $20k plus in new and upsell
revenues. Our focus is directed towards 3 key elements.
- Increased win rates in Top line enterprise revenues
- Education of the Sales & Sales Engineering
organizations of both internal & external products and capabilities
- Windstream Enterprise Product enhancement collaboration
The National Security Solutions Engineer:
• The NSS engineer collaborates with sales teams, customers and prospects to architect
solutions that address business needs and challenges
• The NSS team leverages Windstream’s solutions and product
design expertise in order to
show the defined business value of a particular solution to the prospect or
customer and sales team.
• Throughout the sales process the NSS engineer is
responsible for eliminating obstacles
to the sale and plays a critical role in influencing the prospect or customer’s
solution decision process.
• The NSS engineer stays engaged with the opportunity and demonstrate leadership
while bringing the solution to signature.
• The NSS engineer demonstrates real world designs and
product utilization to drive and create next-generation
• The NSS engineers’ goal is to create a thorough
understanding of developed solutions and to educate both our internal and external customers to drive new
• The NSS engineer contributes to new hire training
through engage, optimize & protect training ground school and pilot school
and Skill Sets:
• Collaborate and strategize with Product leadership, IP
Engineering, Tiger Team, Service delivery, EVP of Sales, VP Sales Engineering,
Regional President, Sales VPs, Sales Directors, Account Directors, Sales
Engineering Leadership & Sales Engineers in a multi-faceted eco system
• Inform and educate prospects about the Windstream
Enterprise solution, benefits & differentiators vs. the competition
• Assist the Account team craft and architect multi tower
solutions leveraging the full suite of products and services offered by
• Establish the business value of the solution
• Eliminate technical obstacles to the sale leveraging
internal relationships to expedite business asks when needed
• Manage the solution decision process providing strategic
knowledge of both internal and external market & consumer data
• Achieve solution closure
• Engaged throughout the entire sales cycle
• Train and educate sales teams, sales engineering, customer
advocates with attendance in new hire classes
• Product enhancement feedback & product project
- Bachelor’s degree in Network
engineering, Security or a related field. Or related Security &
Network certifications (CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, NSE6, Etc.); or
- 10 years professional level
related Security & Network Engineering/Technical experience; or an
equivalent combination of education and professional level related
Security & Network Engineering/Technical experience required.
- Proven track record of ability
to accelerate sales growth of strategic products and technologies that
drive high margin business to the company.
- Executive level business acumen
and management skills which enable them to serve as a thought partner with
respect to the overall customer experience.
- Intellectual curiosity to
constantly evaluate the business and figure how to breakout vs. the
Communication: Advanced written and verbal
communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over
the phone and in person. Must have a proactive communication style
ensuring timely status updates to account team and customer. Must be able
to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus
on these requirements with the customer. Ability to focus ambiguous
customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop
relationships and communicate with high level customer technical and
Technical Skills: Advanced understanding of
voice/data/internet/SDWAN/Security applications, communications technology
and network design. Advanced understanding of technical terminology
related to company products & services. Requires general knowledge of
voice and data communications equipment. Advanced understanding of SDWAN
and Security hardware and software applications and configurations.
Advanced understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably
at multiple levels, i.e., Internet & Enterprise. Advanced level
Problem Solving: Advanced analytical skills.
Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach.
Advanced ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
Work Style: Executive level ability
to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under
pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects
simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Suite
knowledge and usage (Visio, Teams, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to learn
internal company systems, such as Confluence, Siebel, Granite, and Network
Business Acumen: Executive level understanding
of company financial measures. Must have an intermediate understanding of
telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Requires domestic travel (50%)
- Ability to address internal and
customer issues off-hours.
- May require extended work hours
to meet the needs of the team and customers.
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 10 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or 12 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.Job Category:
SalesLocations: EEO Statement:
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure