Assists and supports the Branch Manager in leading the branch team to meet and exceed performance targets, ensuring operational excellence, and providing an exceptional customer experience. Assistant Managers assume responsibility in the Branch Manager’s absence, and play a key role in building and retaining customer relationships. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for helping customers by discovering financial needs, processing transactions resolving customer issues, opening new accounts and offering convenience services.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by working with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs.
- Required to maintain strong knowledge of bank products and services, and
- ensure the customer's needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist (MLO and FC) to serve the customer's mortgage and investment needs.
- Conduct behaviors to meet with more customers such as proactive outbound calling and generating referrals.
- Certified Lender status (NMLS #) is required.
- Works proactively on their own lending production as well as successfully helps team members generate and execute lending opportunities.
- Promote and model the Flagstar philosophy - "Live the Mission."
- Assist with sales coaching by observing the branch team from the perspective of the customer. Coach team members on the proper execution of the sales formula and priority work while modeling the desired behaviors.
- Works closely with the branch manager to develop and drive commitments and behaviors. Proactive leadership is required.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs.
- Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts.
- Demonstrate strong customers service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- 1 year retail branch operations and sales experience with knowledge of bank services and products.
- 1 year recent experience in retail branch banking leading, managing, motivating and developing a team to meet & exceed assigned goals within results driven environment
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent Required.
- Bachelor Degree in business-related major preferred.
- Life, Health, Series 6/63 licenses preferred.
- NMLS Required
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements and procedures in a retail bank
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities.
- Proven sales execution.
- Required to assist branch manager to coach and develop team.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings.
Internal Use Only: Band I
Attention To Detail
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 05047
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.