$100000.00 to $105000.00 yearly
**Assistant Controller for Non Profit Institution**
We are seeking a self-starter with a demonstrated history of identifying issues and problem solving for this exciting Assistant Controller role. This Assistant Controller role reports to the Controller and manages the accounting staff. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Los Angeles, California area. You could apply your talents within an expanding company by applying via Robert Half Finance & Accounting today!
Your responsibilities in this role
- Compose diverse procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Foster accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Sustain implementation and secure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Warrant regular account reconciliation to completion
- Aid with the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Produce relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like key financial metrics, actual spend against budgets/outlook, and the monthly flash report
- Define and flourish process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Direct the accounting team during the closing process to secure deadlines are met
- Determine and invent Ad Hoc financial reports
- Contribute to ensure a competent, trained staff through development, goal setting, and regular assessment
- Enhanced preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Backfill for Controller when necessary
- Perform other duties when necessary
- 7+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- Solid understanding of Annual Audited Financial Statements
- General ledger experience preferred
- Financial reporting experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- CPA an added bonus
- Noteworthy accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Strong technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles