To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12651 Briar Forest Drive
Houston, TX 77077
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fusion Technician - Nationwide Travel
SCS Engineers • Houston, TX
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and construction firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil as part of doing business. Our employees take pride in their work and are committed to the success of our clients. That care is rewarded; and as a result, we retain our key staff and attract new professionals with an innovative spirit. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
Operates fusion equipment for polyethylene pipe installation projects while striving to improve the Office's and ones' own, healthy and safety performance. This position is 100% travel nationwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of polyethylene pipe fusion equipment, including trailers, tool truck, and ancillary support equipment (generators, etc.).
- Assists field crews in locating the fused pipe in accordance to design plans and specifications (i.e., trench excavation, above grade alignment, etc.).
- Inventory pipe and fittings delivered to the site to verify quantities such that project delays do not occur.
- Follows Codes of Safe Work Practices as outlined in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Interacts with other SCS-FS personnel and/or subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Assists project personnel with hand excavation/digging (using shovels or picks).
- Follows equipment operator during excavations and pipe installations to clear earth, plants, and debris that heavy equipment cannot clear or remove
- Takes depth measurements in excavations and also assists in surveying excavations for installation of lateral and horizontal piping
- Operates dump trucks used to haul off waste from excavations and drilling of gas wells.
- Helps with the setup of drilling equipment, clearing area of debris and earth to settle equipment in preparation for drilling procedure. Carries and pours sacks of sand or other materials to settle installation of piping in drilled gas well hole.
- Installs metal steaks and other retaining materials to hold piping on hillsides/slopes
- Enters excavations to fuse pipe, install gas system piping, and install leachate or condensate piping.
- Enters manholes, sumps, or other confined spaces to install new gas system or leachate/condensate system piping.
- Repairs leachate and condensate lines by cutting piping and/or removing or draining leachate or condensate liquids.
- Operates power saws and drills to connect and cut piping and wellheads, and to cut slots into new or existing gas system piping.
- Applies glues and primer to gas and leachate system piping to repair or connect piping.
- Carrying of or the use of ladders.
- Operates pneumatic tools such as jackhammers and soil compactors to drive piping posts and compact soil cover material.
- Remove, clean and install LFG gas system liquid pumps.
- Replace or install sumps for gas system wellheads or leachate systems.
- Operate vehicles to pick up parts and equipment.
- Operates backhoe to remove soil or waste material and transfer to dump trucks.
- Mows or cuts vegetation and grass around landfill wells and piping with mowing machine or weed eater.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time on nationwide projects.
- 1 to 3 years fusion experience required.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing.
- Advanced technical skills related to the operation and maintenance of pipe fusion equipment required.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor certification, OSHA Confined Space Entry Team certification, OSHA Excavation Safety Competent Person certification preferred.
- Training (certification) in polyethylene pipe fusion required.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), walking inspection of improved and unimproved property, lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating electrical tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.) and providing services under varying weather conditions.
SCS Engineers offers excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use this alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment firstname.lastname@example.org