Beacon Hill is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Executive Director role with our client located in Fayette County, Georgia. Candidates who have strong backgrounds as Major Gifts Officers or as Executive Directors who have had to personally fundraise major gifts and ideally have lead major campaigns would be ideal candidates for this position.
This role offers a competitive compensation package to attract the right candidate along with stimulating work and professional development opportunities. Interested candidates should apply today.
Requirements of Executive Director Position:
- Ability to understand, embrace, demonstrate passion about and advance the organization's mission and to appreciate and support the role that it plays in the lives of it's constitiuents
- At least 5 years of Major Gift Solicitation and/or experience serving in an Executive Director position for a fundraising non-profit organization
- Demonstrated track record of success in fundraising and extensive knowledge of fundraising strategy; including major gift solicitation (>$25,000), campaign experience, annual fund, and planned/deferred giving
- Willingness and ability to work onsite, full time in Fayette County, GA
- Oversight of budgeting process and demonstrates strong non-profit acumen; understanding financial reporting and endowment management
- Previous experience managing at least 3 or more direct reports including hiring, training, developing, coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Knowledge of all required state and federal reports and filings
- Experience with Conflict Management and Resolution
- Professional and polished image including dress and demeanor as this person acts as chief engagement officer
- Effective verbal, written, marketing, graphical and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to advance relationships with constituent stakeholders, including prospective and current donors, prospective and current clients, other Greek letter organizations, professional organizations and volunteers
- Evidence of quality leadership that is effective, creative, stimulating, and evidence that the individual acts as team player
- Evidence that the individual acts in accordance with ethical fundraising practices for Evidence of commitment to the profession and to philanthropy through volunteer service and financial support to his/her foundation or organization
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development, conference participation, publication, and professional education
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and understanding database software
- Knowledge and/or experience working in a Board Governance model
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on business, marketing, communications or related area
- All candidates will be expected to have a respect for confidentiality
- A willingness to promote and support the philosophy, mission, and vision of the organization and its initiatives and an ability to work in partnership with board members, and staff
- Ability to use of good judgment in all communications relationships
- Ability to be self-directed in completing work assignments
- Ability to travel up to 40% for donor visits, fundraising activities, events and conferences
- Ability to be consistent, accurate and timely in the completion of procedures, assignments and deadline driven projects and schedules
- The Executive Director must have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work extended or non-traditional business hours as needed
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- CFRE and/or ACFRE designations
- Membership in a Greek letter organization is strongly desired
- Experience working with Raisers Edge preferred
- Master's degree in Business, Non-Profit Management, Higher Education, Communication or related area
- Previous experience as an Executive Director in a non-profit organization a plus
- Experience acting as a Liaison to work effectively between and/or across related or sister organizations
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Major Gift Solicitation
Coaching And Mentoring