To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Office Assistant | Symbii Home Health & Hospice | Salt Lake City, UT
Ensign Services • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our mission is to elevate the level of home health and hospice care by continually improving the experience of—and relationships with—patients, families, providers, employees, and the community. That is why Symbii Home Health and Hospice is simply better for everyone.
To learn more about Symbii Home Health and Hospice - Symbiihealth.com
Symbii Branch Address:
1385 West 2200 South #201
Salt Lake City, Utah 84119
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Office assistant is responsible for coordinating office activities including: medical records, data entry, maintaining patient records, preparing for all meetings, coordinating all telephone calls and maintaining sufficient office supplies.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
2. Maintains accurate up to date medical records in accordance with regulations of Medicare and the Policy and Procedure Manual.
3. Communicates effectively on the telephone with patients, families and staff.
4. Answers incoming calls and forwards to appropriate staff person or takes a message if the person is not available.
5. Welcomes and assists all guests.
6. Manages incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail.
7. Performs typing, faxing and coping tasks as requested for various staff persons.
8. Inputs data into computer for billing purposes.
9. Orders and maintains accurate records of medical equipment and supplies.
10. Responsible for informing staff of any changes, updates, etc., regarding admissions; discharges, visits, schedules; and clinical meetings as directed by the Program Director, Director of Clinical Services and/or Administrator.
11. Responsible for gathering and recording staff members’ DSRs.
12. Tracks admission, discharge, IDTs, certification and re-certification dates on all patients.
13. Responsible for assisting with audits of patient information.
14. Maintains accurate mailing lists of employees; patients; volunteers, Medical Directors, physicians and nursing facilities and forwards any changes to the Corporate Office.
15. Performs other necessary functions/duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Administrator.
16. Participates in and assists with community activities, i.e., health fairs, conventions, community education programs, etc. as assigned by Program Director, Director of Clinical Services and/or Administrator.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Two years data entry experience. Previous billing and computer experience, preferably in hospice or similar operation.
3. Previous health care related billing experience.
4. Ability to type 50 words per minute
5. Word processing skills
6. Personal computer skills
7. Business machine knowledge
Symbii Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.