To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockmart, GA 30153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer/ Designer
MEGGITT • Rockmart, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer/Designer provides significant expertise on complex mechanical engineering issues and acts as a professional resource for the team. Designs and develops a variety of mechanical components and systems for products.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides mechanical design expertise to support development of new mechanical items or improving existing ones
- Performs value analysis during the product design phase while optimizing product development costs
- Provides technical support for new projects and evaluates the requirements and implications
- Maintains project files and appropriate records of work
- Acts as a lead, providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues
- Reduces costs and improves mechanical design and development processes, using best practices and professional knowledge
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise with complex mechanical engineering solutions
- Highly proficient with 3-D modeling, CAD and SolidWorks
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.