To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Hollywood, CA 91602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Assistant Manager (Assistant Front Office Manager)
The Garland • North Hollywood, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Position: Hotel Assistant Manager
Department: Front Office
Assist in the oversight and management of the daily operation of the Front Office department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all functions of the Guest Services department, including Guest Service Agents, Bell Stand, and PBX
- Maintain a complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Handle guest issues and provide service recoveries to ensure guest satisfaction
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Communicate any specific requests or guest issues to appropriate departments and follow up with guests
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Conduct pre-shift meetings to educate Guest Services team on the hotel’s daily events and operations
- Monitor functions in the Guest Services department to evaluate effectiveness, and implement new processes where needed
- Ensure that all payment is received, corresponding with the Accounting and Revenue Management departments when necessary
- Responsible for weekly employee scheduling, basing off of business demand
- Responsible for ordering of all Front Office supplies and employee uniforms
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operations
- All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and locations
- All room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
- Room availability status and rate for any given day
- All hotel departmental policies and procedures
- Access all functions in the Property Management System (Opera)
- Ensure current information on rates, packages and promotions is available to the front desk
- Supervisory duties to include performance evaluations, coaching and counseling of associates, and scheduling of staff
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees
- Conduct a formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation for new trainees. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff
- Review all resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/pre-registration procedures
- Monitor group VIP’s and verify that they are registered and treated in accordance with hotel standards
- Monitor arrival/event patterns and evaluate business demands to create the weekly employee schedule
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to the guests
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations
- Ensure the security of guest room access
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked – handle overbooked or “walked” guests
- Document all pertinent information to the appropriate department via e-mail
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently & under pressure
- Must have good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Service oriented
- Good oral and written communication towards guests, supervisors, peers, and/or subordinates
- Able to guide, direct, and motivate subordinates.
- At least 1 or more years of supervisory experience in the hospitality industry