To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PET Product Engineer - Cyclotron
Cardinal Health • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cardinal Health PET Manufacturing Services is responsible for manufacturing PET isotopes to enhance patient treatment through improved disease diagnosis, staging, and monitoring.
Leveraging our fully integrated network of domestic nuclear pharmacies, Cardinal Health PET Manufacturing Services compounds, dispenses and distributes patient-specific, unit-dose PET products in pharmacy markets today.
What Product Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Engineering is responsible for developing iterations, modifying, implementing and supporting existing products that function within the product families through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Engineering principles and its application in solving standard technical problems
- Demonstrates working knowledge of product design and development
- Tests, analyzes and solves technical problems with moderate guidance
- Verifies design inputs and establishes appropriate design outputs and qualifies designs with moderate guidance
- Maintains product designs and interfaces with suppliers where appropriate
What is expected of you and others at this level in Engineering for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Encourages informed Risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation at Cardinal Health; generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices;
Accountabilities in this role
The Site Engineer shall perform the following duties. This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to the Duties, Roles and Responsibilities for NPS-PET Site Engineer document for additional clarification:
- Operate, maintain, and repair PET manufacturing facility particle accelerator to support daily production of PET isotopes used for the manufacture of diagnostic imaging agents
- Provide maintenance and repair of PET Manufacturing production and analytical equipment in accordance with manufacture specifications and cGMP’s
- Execute effectively to the established maintenance program for cyclotron facility based on production demands and business needs
- Assist in training / answering questions from technical staff as it relates to operation of production equipment.
- Maintain service tools and parts inventory required by the manufacturing preventive / corrective maintenance program.
- Support the coordination of the preventive / corrective maintenance of cyclotron, support, production and quality analysis equipment.
- Perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance records and report preparation.
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physical Sciences or Engineering.
- Specific background and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- 2 years related work experience required in a scientific/engineering/technical field
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of large scale (electronic, computing & mechanical) systems
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical, formulas, graphs & deal with abstract & concrete variables.
- Should possess a basic understanding of aseptic techniques and processes is preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing in FDA-regulated environment, or comparable mechanical, electronic, laboratory background is preferred
- Working knowledge of Radiation Safety, ALARA Concepts and Radioactive Materials license and handling is preferred
- Attention to detail, good initiative and able to work with changing priorities
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 50 lbs
- Crawling, stooping, crouching and kneeling
The primary work environment consists of a cyclotron and associated manufacturing facility for the production of PET radiopharmaceuticals, which must be kept clean, orderly, properly lighted and maintained in optimum operating condition. Employees handle radioactive materials and are exposed to very low amounts of radiation that are deemed safe by current standards. The facility is operated under well-controlled and closely monitored conditions that are regulated by both State and Federal agencies, and that are enforced by the corporate internal quality and regulatory group. Each staff member will receive specific training in keeping radiation exposures within regulatory guidelines and he/she will be routinely monitored for their exposure to radiation. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.