My client, a leading health and wellness products company, is looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Finance to join their growing organization. He/She will develop a financial strategy and own the financial model of the company upon which key business decisions are made.
Located in Los Angeles, my client is a leading health and wellness company who has their products online and in big box retailers.
The Sr. Finance Director will compare financial forecasts to actual financial performance, interpret results and variances, and give guidance on necessary course corrections.
- Lead financial planning for the company, including all budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Oversee a team of accountants working on A/R, payables, collections, month close, taxes, and asset management
- Utilize financial analysis to craft and execute a strategic plan that drives growth and moves the company forward
- Continue to Optimize internal operations such as accounts payable and receivable, bookkeeping, taxes, expenses, and revenue recognition.
- Monitor open legal issues and regulatory changes that may affect the operations of the company.
- Create a streamlined reporting function within the finance group in order to communicate the financial health of the company to executive leadership
- Manage operational risk through audit processes, appropriate insurance coverage and reliable control systems.
- Prepare financial presentations for our venture capital partners and support future fundraising activities (Series B and beyond)
- Partner closely with the recruiting function to hire and develop a world class finance team
- 10+ years working within all aspects of the finance and accounting functions.
- 4+ years blue-chip Accountancy firm background and then 4+ years relevant industry experience. Preferably a CPA.
- Ability to be a strong, clear communicator with Leadership Team
- Need experience in Ecommerce, ideally DTC, and food , beverage, or health & wellness is a plus too
- Proven experience with accounting for Inventory, incl ERP (systems and implementation).
- Proven results in managing a Finance team
- Proven experience in Managing Processes, ERP, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
Competitive base salary