To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP, Business Development
INC Research/inVentiv Health • Franklin Township, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You set the bar higher, create the business opportunity, and close the deal.
There's no greater thrill than closing a deal after strategic pursuit. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with endless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn't cut it - you've got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. You'll fit right in at INC Research/inVentiv Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why INC Research/inVentiv Health? Join a groundbreaking network of more than 22,000 employees in 110 offices worldwide with the ability to service clients in over 90 countries. Take part in offering world-class therapeutic expertise to leading biopharmaceutical companies so they can focus on what they do best - prevent and treat disease. You'll provide the brilliant ideas, valuable insight and relentless energy that drive biopharma products from lab to life. In the past five years, INC Research/inVentiv Health has helped to develop or commercialize 81% of novel new drugs approved by the FDA and 70% of products granted marketing authorization by the EMA.
Here, there's no shortage of challenging work, learning and opportunities. Because we offer many services to varied clients, our knowledgeable professionals gain experience across a large section of the industry. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
This opportunity is with our Selling Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry. More specifically, you will:
- Drive acquisition of new clients and increase penetration of existing client base to significantly grow revenue through direct consultative selling efforts with a focus on selling integrated product solutions to senior-level client leadership.
- Identify and develop new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities, and obtaining new business wins in order to achieve annual new business income targets.
- Identify prospective client needs and identify the resources and people required to address the need.
- Review and manage pipeline information and client relationships with competitors to identify potential new business leads.
- Work very closely with senior account service team members to identify, pursue and close deals.
- Seek out opportunities to gain business from pharma and non-pharma health and well-being accounts.
- Lead all new business pitch opportunities generated including identification of pitch team and forecasting and managing pitch costs.
- Work collaboratively with other business development colleagues within the Commercial Division, as well as across other inVentiv Health Divisions.
- Manage all aspects of self-promotion including, PR, web presence and all other outward representation.
- Generate and manage outbound organic and inorganic business development outreach.
- Manage the business development budget for all markets.
- Mentor and manage daily performance of the business development staff including completion of performance evaluations in accordance with the company's performance evaluation cycle.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's Degree (MBA desirable) with 10+ years experience in the healthcare industry in a marketing capacity on the client side, or a selling capacity selling to pharmaceutical industry sales and marketing decision makers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and very strong platform skills.
- A demonstrated network of industry contacts and a track record of closing deals.
- Experience managing a P&L and a management staff.
- Strong communication skills, leadership and interest in developing & mentoring people.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic.
Full INC Research/inVentiv Health benefits which include:
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package
- Matching 401K
- Dedicated training and support
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses and other personalized quality of life conveniences
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
INC Research/inVentiv Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Company [Job Posting]
Syneos Health position
Please be certain to list your full name, email address, physical address, and phone number at the top of your submitted resume. Failure to do so will result in you not being considered for this position.