To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roseville, MN 55113
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
OTC Direct, Inc. • Roseville, MN
Posted 1 month ago
1. Creates response-generating, on-brand headlines and messaging on assigned advertising and direct mail pieces, including covers, inside front and back covers, alternative media, catalog pages and web projects.
2. Composes, edits and proofreads product descriptions for catalogs and other special projects by using the specific guidelines that have been set according to the business unit.
3. Composes key messaging on website pages, online advertising, emails and SEO-rich product descriptions for on-line website.
4. Obtains product information and pertinent selling points by consulting with the merchandising staff for information.
5. Accurately describes product in copy by thoroughly understanding the product, meeting with Product Development team members for key features, measuring product, listing what product is made of and any other salable points.
6. Researches and writes trivia questions and puzzle facts as needed.
7. Composes key messages for product packaging.
8. Clarifies and enhances rules for games based on inventor-supplied rules. Writes thorough and easy-to-follow instructions for craft products.
9. Abides by all policies and procedures of OTC.
10. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
11. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
12. Work in the MindWare Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
1. Proofreads other copywriter’s work and catalog pages as needed.
2. Retrieves samples to write copy.
3. Researches trends in market as it applies to key messaging on-line and in print.
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor of Arts degree is preferred with emphasis in journalism or creative writing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years writing experience with emphasis on response-generating advertising and/or direct mail copy.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Grammatical and creative ability in related field.
• Knowledge of SEO and proficiency in writing keyword rich web copy.
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
• Requires the ability to work independently and creatively within the pressure of deadlines.
• Must have the ability to multi task with an excellent attitude regarding change and input from others.
• Must be proficient in a Macintosh environment.
• Ability to perform job in a safe manner.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
MindWare (http://www.mindware.orientaltrading.com), a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s largest cataloger in its segment and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Place High Quality Toys that Teach and Entertain into the Hands of Children and Adults!
MindWare is the award-winning creator and manufacturer of Brainy Toys for Kids of All Ages. Its diverse line of proprietary product includes educational toys, games, brainteasers, creative play activities, building sets and coloring books which have won awards from such prestigious organizations as Mensa, Good Housekeeping and Parents’ Choice. The company was founded in 1990 with a small retail store in Minneapolis, evolving into a direct-to-consumer catalog and website business, as well as a wholesale business. MindWare products can be found on the shelves of thousands of retailers worldwide. In 2013, MindWare was acquired by Oriental Trading Company and became a Berkshire Hathaway company. Consumers, educators and retailers have come to recognize MindWare as a trusted resource for their families, students and customers.