The Staff Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation of assigned accounts in a timely and accurate manner; include performing detailed research and analysis of differences in the accounts.
- Reconciliation of assigned accounts in a timely and accurate manner to include performing detailed research and analysis of differences in the accounts.
- Assist with month end closing process including timely and accurate preparation of journal entries
- Assist with mid-year and year-end audit
- Provide accounting assistance to operational personnel.
- Work directly with operational personnel to gain an understanding of the processes behind the assigned accounts
- Prepare journal entries as needed and ensure entries adequately documented
- Document the process to ensure that it complies with company guidelines and recommend process flow improvements.
- Assist on special projects.
- Other accounting tasks assigned as needed.
- Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting -OR-Bachelor’s Degree in related Business field plus 2 or more years of accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Windows/PC experience
- Complete and pass with minimum score:
- Microsoft Excel 2007 - Normal User
- Analytical Skills
- Accounting Basics
- MBA degree or CPA certification
- Credit Card Processing or Bankcard Industry experience
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.