At Bunge, people don't just come here to work, they come here to grow - solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, generous paid time off program, and opportunity to progress. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
• Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
• Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
• Do What's Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably Position Summary:
Working in a team environment, the Milling Operations Intern will be involved in key areas of the plant such as; employee safety, milling & processing, packaging and bulk loading, maintenance, engineering, quality & food safety, and elevator operations. You will be exposed to daily safety, operations, quality, and maintenance updates. In this position you will become familiar with the use of electronic interface tools and systems (SAP, other) that are needed to operate the plants.Core Functions:
- Focus on understanding the entire dry corn milling process and its key requirements, including inbound corn quality, equipment performance, and finished product specifications.
- Participate in plant safety program to include audits, job hazard assessments, near miss reporting, and employee observations.
- Collect and maintain records of operational logs, equipment checklists, and all Bunge safety programs.
- Work to understand operational accounting requirements such as yields and record keeping.
- Utilize electronic tools such as Excel, Word, and other spreadsheet applications.
- Maintain and support information that applies to HACCP and the Quality Manual.
- Create electronic drawings of process flows.
- Assist in development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop knowledge of fumigation and integrated pest management.
- Become knowledgeable in all applicable state and federal laws and regulations that apply to operations, such as OSHA and EPA.
- Become familiar with monthly operating records.
- Participate in inspections of equipment in the plant for safe, sanitary, and efficient operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a degree in Milling Science and Management or similar program.
- Focused on safety
- Possess strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proactive in attitude
- Shift work may be required
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Federal Laws
- Food Safety