We have a client located in Greensburg PA Seeking a Tool Room Tech
- Reads and interprets blueprints and creates tools
- Creates, inspects and sets up tools and die equipment
- Reviews and verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gauge blocks and dial indicators.
- Designs tooling, fixtures, mechanism and experimental parts by discussing specifications to meet
- Sets up and operates various metalworking machinery such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions
- Requires Journeyman Tool and Die Maker Journeyman certification/card and a minimum of 3 - 5 years practical tool and die maker experience in a related field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, use basic shop math to perform calculations
- Must have an understanding of CNC equipment.
- Drill Press