Who is Guardian Industries?
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Training Specialist!
SRG Global has an exciting opportunity for a talented Training Specialist at our Covington, GA facility. The Covington location is an Injection Molding and Metal Stamping facility which employs about 400 people.
The Training Specialist is responsible for developing/deploying training content, processes, and system training to both new and tenured Covington’s Operations employees. This role will lead the initiatives around effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for designated employees. This role will also assess developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identify/arrange suitable training solutions for employees.
This position will work with the Human Resources Depart and partner closely with Department Managers and Engineers in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing procedures and programs. This position ensures that the employees are receiving the necessary skills and knowledge for the organization to achieve its performance metrics.
Successful candidate must have the ability to actively search and creatively design/implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. Content would include but are not limited to quality control, work measurement, manufacturing methods, supervisory development. In addition, they will need to gain an understanding of the business and the ability to deliver innovative learning solutions to support it.A Day In The Life Typically Includes
What You Will Need?
- Creatively bringing new programs and ideas to fruition by utilizing technology
- Be self-motivated and dynamic capable of championing changes to organizational cultural
- Ensure consistency in the deployment of core training and development programs
- Identifying and developing training materials and skill checks to address performance gaps that are attributable to skill by utilizing data
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the organization which requires strong relationship management, interpersonal and leadership skills, including experience in dealing with senior management.
- Give presentations, coach employees and facilitate employee training using excellent presentation, oral and written communication, coaching and facilitation skills
- Analyze current training program and develop a point of view on improvement strategies
- Balance multiple priorities
- Self-manage numerous projects at once which requires excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills
- Maintain a working knowledge of training products and services, e.g., adult learning skills, curriculum development, instructional design, delivery and evaluation.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- BA/BS degree required or a high school diploma/GED or higher and 5 years of applicable experience within a concentration in training development and/or organizational development in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with utilizing Learning Management Systems to drive training, visibility and accountability
- Proven track record of driving visibility and accountability for training within an organization
- Experience in training technician’s and building/expanding talent management capabilities
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience with adapting to a rapidly changing work environment
- Project management skills with ability to oversee multiple projects
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Guardian Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provide Actionable Feedback