Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
The Nurse-Resident job has the responsibility of attending all quality and core curriculum classes, actively participating in professional development workshops and peer support groups, and successfully completing all clinical competencies and validation requirements of the Nurse Residency Program. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Clinical Education Team while refining nursing knowledge and skills. Actively participates in managing clinical situations for which he/she is assigned under the direct supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse who oversees all clinical experiences, documentation and procedures in the clinical environment. All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Prisma Health's Compassion Standards, Mission, Vision and Values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
Adheres to policy and procedure requirements of the organization including, but not limited to: licensure renewal, assigned training, employee health screenings, time and attendance policy, dress code policy, patient confidentiality, infection control, medication administration.
Service Line: Adult Multispecialty Services
Location: Tuomey Hospital
* Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs nursing assessment using critical thinking skills under the direct supervision of the licensed RN. *20%
* Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services under the direct supervision of the licensed RN. *20%
* Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care under the direct supervision of the licensed RN. *20%
* Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems under the direct supervision of the licensed RN. *20%
* Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity under the direct supervision of the licensed RN. *20%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing program approved by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing required.
Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
No previous experience is required.
Candidates with greater than 12 months of experience are not eligible.
Licensed to practice as a RN in South Carolina.
In Lieu of:
In lieu of RN licensure upon hire, a temporary license/Graduate Nurse licensure may be accepted upon receipt of diploma, authorization to test and NCLEX testing date. The Graduate Nurse may work in a provisional status with NCLEX testing date provided prior to hire. The Graduate Nurse works directly under the licensure of the clinical preceptor while in the clinical setting and provides care within the scope of the SC Nursing Practice Act provisional status until NCLEX completion with passing score and licensure with SC State Board of Nursing.
Other Required Skills and Experience
After Jan 1, 2019, all newly hired RN's at Prisma Health are required to have a ADN or BSN degree from an accredited institution/program recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education or the S.C. State Board of Nursing.
Graduate Nurse completes all clinical skills under the direct supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse.
Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department.
Variable (United States of America)
70019312 Nurse Residency-Midlands
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking
- Infection Control