To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
DTI • New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of B&W/Color Copy Operator. Hours are M-F 11:30am-8pm. Must have both Color and B&W experience working with digital copiers. Minimum skills will be strong knowledge of the fiery, scanning, calibrating equipment and first line of defense maintenance.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide support for miscellaneous requests and flex services with a "can do" attitude and philosophy
- Maintain a positive team-player mentality
- Accurately communicate with client staff and Epiq team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc
- Deliver on service commitments in a timely and accurate manner
- Invest proper effort and QC approach to deliver highest quality work and service
- Comply with Epiq's standards of operations as set forth in the contract agreement, the site operations manual, and the employee handbook
- Perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator/computer to accurately figure production time and labor time associated with any copy, print, scan or production requests
- Follow established guidelines and procedures for receiving, documenting, organizing and mailing out client packages (i.e. parcel deliveries, messenger services, etc.)
- Ensure accurate tracking, monitoring and recording of all charges, overtime, logs and entries throughout his/her shift
- Answering telephone inquiries, loading/unloading parcels, delivering of parcels, copying, and faxing and guest requests
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the firm
- Specific duties as assigned
- Ensure all projects have been properly produced and Quality Checked (QC'd) to Epiq's standard
- Ensure clients request and the delivery of faxes/parcels in a timely matter in accordance to Epiq's standards
- Sort, distribute and meter US mail with knowledge of current postal rates
Required Characteristics and Credentials:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year professional level work experience
- Previous experience in a client service oriented field preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Ability to learn skills quickly
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any "complaint" situations
- Ability to lift or move 40 lbs. or greater
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100lbs
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products pertaining to the specific position including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel etc
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Visual acuity
- Able to convey information and ideas through speech in ways that others will understand
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Able to speak clearly so listeners understand, identify and understand the speech of another person
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.