Position at Commercial Construction North America
ITW Commercial Construction is seeking an Distributor Account Representative to focus on promoting our brands and products within a key nationwide distributor of industrial and construction supplies. In this role, you will drive incremental sales of existing products and identify new opportunities by influencing and training key decision makers across the distributor as well as with designated end user accounts.
The position may be located anywhere within the assigned territory which encompasses Kansas City, Minnesota, and Illinois.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Drive sales of all ITW product lines in assigned territory by identifying opportunities for growth to meet the sales plan
- Work with Regional Account Manager and National Accounts Manager to develop attainable goals and strategies utilizing ITW’ s business philosophies
- Develop and leverage key decision-maker relationships to add programs/product placement
- Ensure growth strategies are executed effectively throughout all levels of influence within the Distributor
- Oversee regional product launch projects and promote existing/new sales incentive programs
- Train distributor sales personnel and construction focused sellers through hands-on training of ITW products
- Participate and lead focused selling blitzes across key distributor locations and participate in bi-annual trade show events
- Conduct weekly job sites visits to gather competitive intelligence, promote ITW programs, and uncover/communicate end-user pain points to guide existing product enhancements/new product development
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- At least three years of experience selling through MRO, Home Center or other related construction channel
- Understanding of Commercial/MRO and Construction environments
- Ability to build relationships to influence key decision makers at distributor as well as with key end-users
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a clean driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Must be able to climb ladder with heights up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to stand on concrete floors for long periods of time
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 65%
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click URL blocked - click to apply for information on how to contact us directly.