What you will do
Reporting to the AGM, the Area Security Leader is a vital member of management team. This position manages the sales team, as well as the combination of service and installation team leaders within a defined area. The role is responsible for profitably growing margins, expanding relationships with our customers and driving new business and reoccurring revenues to achieve organizational objectives. This position is also responsible for constantly improving the level of service provided to internal and external customer base by delivering to the goals set forth by the organization. How you will do it
- Formulating sound business plans that includes budgeting, cost analysis and cost controls
- Area leadership for Install, Service, Admin and Core Sales including the coordination of activities
- Knowing the customers and engaging with them on successful issue resolution
- Driving organizational and process capabilities including understanding all cost infrastructure in order to champion and leading team members to identify process improvements for the most efficient operations; and effective delivery of projects to ensure cash flow
- Drive operating efficiencies. Regularly monitor results and address issues and concerns that impede positive results
- Enabling the organization to deliver on billing and collection obligations
- Customer satisfaction across installation and/or service with customers in the defined geography; maintaining a high level of quality and timely service to customers for maximum retention
- Profitable service and install growth determined by close out margin, service margin levels, budget management, net promoter score (NPS)
- Achieve Area's revenue growth plans. Regularly monitor results and address issues and concerns that impede positive results.
- Ownership of talent acquisition, management and development to ensure a skilled and engaged front line management team
- Mentor, motivate and coach management team on lead generation, conversion rates, recruiting, and other critical areas.
- As new products and services are introduced, oversee sales team to ensure consistency in implementation
- Adhere to and drive JCI core values.
- Other duties, as assigned
What we look for
- College or University degree, preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of management of a distributed sales and operations organization in the security industry
- Experience in the use of CRM systems to manage sales process and funnel.
- Managerial/leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills - Including knowledge of MS Office environment and internal.
- Johnson Controls systems (Oracle,Admin,Carms, IBT)
- Must be able to travel to various branch offices within a defined area on a regular basis.
- Travel 60% of the time
- Motivating others
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Managerial Courage
- Conflict management
- Command skills
- Timely decision making
- Priority Setting
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2137487
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays.
Bring your passion for innovation and we’ll challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow. Our commitment to sustain and our legacy of innovation spans more than a century, dating back to our roots in 1885 and our invention of the first electric room thermostat. We’ll provide meaningful opportunities to learn from the best and brightest in the industry. As part of a global organization, the work you’ll do can impact lives around the world and create real potential to steer your own career path.
We are committed to helping our customer win and creating greater value for our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Learning and development resources offer you a variety of meaningful courses and programs to guide your career with a focus on tomorrow. Gain the skills and insights you need to make an impact on lives around the world. We also offer leadership development opportunities to potential senior-level talent across the company.
Business Resource Groups (BRG) bring together employees with similar backgrounds and experiences to work together toward professional development, improving corporate culture and achieving business results. We have a wide range of groups you can join, from the Women’s Network, JC4equality (LBGT), Unlimited (differently Abled) and SYNERGY (Emerging Leaders) to name a few.