To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Trenton, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist (Hourly).
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton • Trenton, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
Position Objective: To provide substance abuse prevention services to youth, families and community members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervised by Program Coordinator, the Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist works in schools and communities to facilitate substance abuse prevention services based on Botvin Life skills curriculum.
1. Prevention Education 4. Problem Identification and possible referrals
2. Alternative Activities 5. Community Based Events
3. Outreach 6. Data Entry
- Collaborate with schools, teachers, civic organizations, church groups and other youth and community organizations to provide information and awareness on substance abuse.
- Outreach and network with other prevention and social service agencies in regions that include prevention education.
- Document all program activities as required and submit data entry according to program deadlines.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the agency’s community resource list, curriculum inventory, program materials, and physical inventory.
- Assist Program Coordinator with in-service training to staff.
- Attend trainings, seminars, workshops, and classes to achieve credentials and continuing education as required by agency.
Perform all other assigned duties assigned by Program Coordinator and/ or Program Director.
Required Qualifications/ Credentials/ Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Education, Counseling, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Health Education or related field as required.
- Teaching experience working with children, preferred.
- Experience in public Speaking
- Bi-cultural/bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Addictions, preferred.
- Evidence-based curriculum training must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
Complete Online Application
If you are unable to complete the online application at this time,
please click “APPLY NOW”, send in your resume and we will be in contact with next steps!