Under general supervision, the Landscaper ensures that the landscaping/grounds are maintained to acceptable levels at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs daily cleaning, raking, trimming, weeding, watering, leaf blowing, and grass mowing, removes and plants new plants, trees and flowers. Ensures shrubs, bushes, plants, flowers are weed free, neatly trimmed and ground cover is adequate.
- Responsible for plant growth, fertilizing, care of all landscaping plants, trees and grasses. Reports any insect and pest damage to supervisor.
- Sweeps and cleans common areas such as parking garages, parking lots, sidewalks, stairwells and/or other areas.
- Removes trash from common area bins.
- Cleans and power washes pool decks as directed.
- Maintains floors of the facilities areas and shops.
- Repairs sprinklers, irrigation lines and other watering systems for landscaping.
- Operates backpack blowers, power washers, trimmers, mowers, and general garden tools.
- Inventories equipment as required and maintains all landscaping tools and equipment.
- Maintains all grounds and common areas per quality assurance audit standards.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Less than a high school education.
- A minimum of six (6) months of professional landscaping or related experience required.
- No supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.