Apex Systems Inc. has an immediate need for a Technical Cybersecurity Director supporting a growing IT Solutions company in Glen Burnie, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of a growing team creating networking, security, infrastructure, and intelligent transit solutions for commercial, federal, state & local clients. The candidate will be able to demonstrate they have a strong hands-on background and understanding of network/systems security engineering, cyber operations/incident response, and security policy administration/governance to confidently design and deliver cybersecurity solutions for mid/large size customers in the SLED market. The selected candidate will represent the organization in complex business and technical forums, including executive-level customer engagements.
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Duration: Direct Hire
Status: US Citizen
Compensation: Competitive based on education & years of relevant experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program and Technical Leadership 70% of Time
- Leverage in-depth understanding of network/systems security engineering, cyber operations/incident response, and security policy administration/governance to confidently design and deliver cybersecurity solutions for mid/large size customers in the SLED market.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and hands-on support for engineering and operational cybersecurity resources.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships to drive the program towards continuous improvement and alignment with the latest in cybersecurity best practices.
- Represent the organization in complex business and technical forums, including executive-level customer engagements.
- Develop strategies to improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
- Ensure that technical teams develop and maintain deep domain knowledge and skillsets required to engineer, implement, and support top-tier cybersecurity solutions.
Business Development 25% of Time
- Track key industry trends and advise organization leadership on growth and development of the Skyline InfoSec solutions catalog, including continued maturation of our SOC offering.
- Actively participate in the development and management of business and vendor relationships and lead customer and vendor engagements.
- Develop roadmaps for new business efforts that detail functional business plans for key strategic growth initiatives.
- Participate in SOW and proposal development processes.
Growth and Development 5% of Time
- Continual professional growth through the pursuit of Tenable, Splunk, Palo Alto, Juniper, ISC2, and other vendor/domain specific certifications or accreditations.
- Expand skillset in soft skills, leadership, and management through continual personal development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, IT Management, or related technical field preferred. Additional years may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Security Engineering position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning and managing projects/operations within the cybersecurity or information assurance domains.
- Must have hands-on technical skills and strong conceptual abilities with firewall management, network switching/routing, vulnerability management, incident response, and compliance auditing and remediation.
- Must have hands-on experience with one or more of the following product lines: Juniper, Palo Alto, CISCO
- Must have strong project management, team management, interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Significant experience supporting cybersecurity engagements within SLED markets as a service provider, OR supporting mature cybersecurity organizations within enterprise level companies.
- Significant experience applying relevant cybersecurity frameworks and standards such as NIST 800-53 and NIST CSF; specifically NIST 800-53 R4
- Significant experience driving the growth of the company’s business model, executing strategies against corporate goals and objectives, and developing and scaling new business and customer bases
- Proved background in customer facing roles, or reporting directly to VP & C-Level execs. Having experience driving conversations with internal & external stakeholders will be key.
- Preferred Certification/Licensure:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or similar cybersecurity certification.
- Advanced Juniper certification such as JNCIP/JNCIE or related.
- Advanced Palo Alto certification such as PCNSE or related
- Past experience in Systems Security Architect roles
- Prior experience leading cybersecurity teams of 10 or more
- Experience with FedRAMP or FISMA
- Previous roles in service provider companies providing networking/security/infrastructure as a service
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Federal Information Security Management Act
Certified Information Systems Security Professional