$500 hiring bonus for Full-Time
Our Waverly Gardens community is seeking a Full-Time Cook to join their team.
Sheltered by ten acres of lush parkland, Waverly Gardens architecture reflects an aura of Old World Charm that has been revitalized and paired with today's most luxurious amenities. The community is located 15 miles north of St. Paul, just off I-35E, with nearby lakes, trails and parks.
Why work for Presbyterian Homes & Services?
- No late nights! Schedules are consistent & reliable hours
- Competitive pay & routine pay increases
- Benefits packages for Full-Time employees
- Generous PTO (Paid Time off)
- Scholarship program - awards up to $5,250 per year!
- Free Fitness Center access
- Off-street Parking
- Free or discounted Employee Meals
- Opportunities for growth & internal promotion are virtually unlimited
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Enhanced Assisted Living, and Care Center/Long Term Care.
This location is close to the following cities: White Bear Lake, Blaine, Mahtomedi, Shoreview, Forest Lake, Hugo, Lino Lakes, Centerville, Circle Pines and Dellwood.
How we keep you safe during COVID-19:
- Vaccine is offered but not mandated.
- New technology installed in all our buildings to clean the air safely.
- Physical distancing & masks
- Regular cleaning & disinfection
- Private Rooms for residents in over 95% of our care settings.
The Cook is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of State and Federal food-handling regulations, includign food service operations strong desired.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Over 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 50 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. PHS is also co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
- Best Practices
- Food Services
- English Language