To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA 50301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative- Des Moines
Waste Management • Des Moines, IA
Posted 2 months ago
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) utilizes a consultative sales approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small and/or less complex commercial accounts in an assigned territory/segment. The OSR is responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve sales revenue goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Prepares for and executes cold calls to influence potential commercial customers (small and/or less complex accounts) into setting appointments with the purpose of presenting and selling Waste Management services
- Conducts pre-sales activities to gain understanding of the customer’s needs and prepare for the meeting. This includes gathering appropriate marketing material and pricing plans, identifying customer needs and interests to determine the best sales strategy and identifying potential objections with plans to address during the sales meeting.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.)
- Facilitates prospect follow up meeting(s)
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Uses in depth industry and company knowledge and makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Negotiates and closes sales by effectively communicating alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements
- Prepares and delivers complex sales proposals
- Conducts post-sale administrative work to ensure product/service implementation is successful
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of business-to-business sales experience.
- None required if education requirements above are met
- This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to set goals
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in computer skills
- High impact communication
- Planning and organization
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
- Travel requirement: 100%.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”