A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the tax issues facing multinational US companies or publically traded entities, especially in the areas of tax compliance, tax accounting, and consulting services.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in corporate and partnership tax planning and compliance, as well as tax accounting and financial reporting, including tax provision preparation, audit and review. Some technical skills working with tax tools and resources including tax provision and compliance software such as Corptax, OneSource, or other similar platforms.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in identifying and addressing client needs:
- Participating in client discussions and meetings actively;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services; and,
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional, researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in pricing, client value and the negotiation process, including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.