The OR Baylor Position is for experienced (minimum 2 years OR specialty) Operating Room registered nurses. The nurse will be accountable for 9pm Friday evening to 7am Monday morning. The RN will be scheduled to work 6:30am to 6:30pm on Saturday and Sunday and remain On-Call for all other hours. The RN will be compensated for full time work.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the OR and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations. Facilitates operative or other invasive procedures by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 Years Med/Surgical experience required.
- Prior OR experience (Circulator and Scrub roles).
- Licensed in the State of Vermont.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association.
- ACLS Certification preferred.
- CNOR Certification preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute-care nursing, knowledge, and skills.
- Demonstrates moderate knowledge of basic computer skills.