To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Green Bay, WI
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Fixed Asset Accountant
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Green Bay, WI
Posted 24 days ago
Employee Type:Full time
Location:WI Green Bay Willowbrook
Job Type:Finance Accounting
Job Posting Title:Fixed Asset Accountant
The Fixed Asset Accountant is a staff level accounting position handling the accounting entries and reporting for the fixed assets of multiple entities. This position will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of fixed asset book and tax ledgers through monitoring and reporting on assets, depreciation, and construction in progress. Ensures the consistency of fixed asset policies and procedures through direction and communication with plant facilities.
This position will maintain integrity between general ledger and fixed asset systems by reconciling changes in the fixed asset balance. This person will also maintain consistent and accurate corporate / plant accounting for assets, depreciation, capital expenditures and leases in accordance with GAAP and company fixed asset / lease policy.
The Fixed Asset Accountant will also assist the Corporate Accounting Team with month end accounting and reporting responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Record and post journal entries for asset additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation
- Prepare and maintain the period end reconciliations between the fixed asset sub-ledger and general ledger
- Compile, maintain and report monthly capital spending
- Route and follow up on capital project approval requests in Footprints ensuring adequate justification exists on the front end
- Month end work including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and completion of other ad hoc requests
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly internal financial package
- Participation in ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews and maintenance
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Accounting
- One to three years progressive accounting experience required
- Fixed Asset Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the capital policy and procedures related to capital vs. expense
- Must be a highly motivated self-starting individual who can use their work experience to reconcile transactions
- Requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Must be proficient in excel
- Occasional travel to business meetings
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.