* Position: Physician Assistant -General Surgery - Medical Group
* Location: Evanston Hospital
* Full Time/Part Time: Full-time, 40 hours per week
* Hours: Hours will be scheduled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday between 6PM-6AM with one extra 12-hour shift required per month
* Required Travel: N/A
What you will need:
* License: Current Physician Assistant License in the State of Illinois required. DEA & Illinois Controlled Substance License required.
* Education: Bachelor degree required; Master degree preferred.
* Certification: CPR certification required
* Experience: One year of Physician Assistant experience preferred
* Skills: N/A
What you will do:
* Provide comprehensive health care services under the direction and supervision of an assigned physician.
* Evaluate, diagnose, and provide treatment to patients specific to their area of expertise.
* Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
* Performs independent evaluation and treatment procedures in emergency situations in accordance with policies established.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Northwest Community Skokie, and Swedish. NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170 office locations and 35 immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® designation-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients - irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
- Health Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Emergency