To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN - Maryville, TN - Alcoa, TN
- Phone: (865) 539-8000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TeamHealth • Knoxville, TN - Maryville, TN - Alcoa, TN
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join a successful company with a comfortable and supportive work environment!
"The World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine "America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" by Forbes Magazine "Great Places to Work" by Becker's Hospital Review
- Flexible work schedules
- Casual dress code
- Options to work from home
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits available
- 401K program, with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Eight paid holidays
- Quarterly incentive program
- Free parking
- Free coffee
- Employee of the month awards
- Free on-site Fitness Center, with personal trainer
- Free Wellness Programs
- Awesome facility with terrific amenities
This Medical Coder position has the opportunity to work remote, with a minimum 6 months on site.
This position is primarily responsible for determining the appropriate CPT/ASA codes, and the corresponding ICD-10 codes, for anesthesia services, based on the provider's clinical documentation.
- Assign appropriate CPT/ASA codes (CPT-4), and Diagnosis codes (ICD-10-CM), for anesthesia services, utilizing standard industry guidelines and TeamHealth's internal coding policies and procedures
- Enter CPT/ASA/ICD codes, and other billing information, into TeamHealth's billing system
- Notify supervisor or manager of coding problems or clinical documentation issues so these can be resolved in a timely manner
- Attend all company and department meetings, training, workshops and seminars, as scheduled
- Follow all company policies and procedures, especially coding compliance
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor or manager
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Coding certification and experience preferred, but not required
- We also welcome applicants with no coding certification but with at least one year of clinical experience (Surgical Tech, LPN, RN), or coding experience, or recent coding training and certification graduates with no experience-we provide on-the-job training.
- Good data entry and computer skills
- Ability to work overtime, if needed
- Job performed in a quiet office setting
- Involves prolonged sitting at a desk, using a computer
- Option to work from home
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, 10-key, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.