To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4305 South National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65810
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hospice RN - Registered Nurse - PRN (Barry, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence and Stone Counties)
Intrepid Healthcare Services • Springfield, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice RN to work PRN or on an 'as needed basis' who will participate in performing total care of patients; physical, psychological and spiritual. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
Great work you’ll do here:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the clinical team and leads by example. The RN is responsible for delivering professional nursing care to our patients in accordance with the established plan of care. The RN offers quality of care when completing face to face time with patients and when completing all documentation. The RN complies with all agency policies and procedures. The RN will provide quality care consistent with all relevant professional standards and state and federal requirements.
- Serve as Registered Nurse the clinical care voice for patient care
- Drive the clinical excellence, quality and integrity performance for the organization
- You are empowered and accountable for making a difference and leading your areas of responsibility
- Assesses plans and intervenes using the nursing process to meet the client’s health care needs
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in condition of the client and family situation and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medications in the care of the client, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of care
- Interacts with clients and families to meet individual physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs
- Teaches the clients/caregivers appropriate self-care techniques
- Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the client care plan
- Consults the Case Manager/MD in making changes or decisions with the plan of care
- Contributes to the effectiveness of case management and coordination of services by open communication
- Assures and completes accurate documentation with all clinical data including but not limited to admission through discharge, updates, OASIS, HCFA 485, physician’s orders, skilled nursing visits and changes in conditions legibly and according to agency standards.
- Complies with the requirements of state licensure and accreditation by following policy and procedure maintaining competencies and knowledge base
- Recommends new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of client services as well as efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Participates in on-call coverage
- Communicates potential risk management issues and reports abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law
- Attends case conferences as requested and staff meetings as requested
- Assists with quarterly record reviews as requested
- Is punctual for client visits and reports to work as scheduled
- Documents only for visits completed and uses highest ethical standards in documentation
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and families; avoids significant self-disclosure; interacts with clients and families on a professional level
- Completes other assignments and duties as requested and assigned to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Company
What we’ll love about you:
- Passion and commitment to clinical excellence, quality and integrity
- Embracing and leading the patient care mission through providing an exceptional patient experience
- Positive attitude and ability to fit in as a collaborative team member for patient care
- Excellent interpersonal communication and patient/family engagement skills
- Commitment to clinical documentation excellence and quality along with ability to educate and inspire others
- High energy, focus, work ethic, motivation and commitment to lifelong learning and growth
- Flexibility with diverse clients, cultures, and environments allowing you to provide excellent care
- Ability to demonstrate clinical skills in both a collaborative and solo contributor capacity
- Experience with EHR systems and their implementation/optimization in complex clinical settings
- Proficiency with federal, state and governing agency regulations for homecare
- Participates in in-service education, continued clinical education and all professional training required by law
- Knowledge and comfort level working with technology and enterprise wide support systems and tools
- Successful management of a heavy volume of work, changing priorities as needed
- Appropriate judgment and critical thinking in decisions that requiring consideration of regulatory compliance, customer service, patient welfare and company interests
- Outstanding presentation, writing and communication skills
- Promotes the agency through positive representation and communication of its services
- Capable of using professional judgement to delegate selected nursing tasks
- Strong ability to be the public face of the organization, and serve as an advocate for Home Healthcare, Home Hospice and other service lines
- Creative thinker who embraces thought leadership
- Capable of making challenging decisions and willing to take responsibility for them.
- A bachelor’s degree and preferably advanced degrees in healthcare, law or business
- One (1) year experience as an nurse in any acute or post-acute setting
- Current Registered Nurse licensure (in good standing) in the state(s) of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance