To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fishers, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Information Security Analyst
Navient • Fishers, IN
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Senior Information Security Analysts will develop security project plans, lead project teams and participate on large scale enterprise projects in order to design, modify and implement technical, procedural and administrative security solutions to help ensure the protection of Navient information systems and resources.
1. Information Security Technical Support
- Provide direct support and supervise junior staff who support, administer and maintain the security systems, hardware devices, control facilities, applications, servers, etc. to ensure availability and optimum performance.
- Work closely with senior staff members from Applications Development, Infrastructure, Network Services, Business Solutions and Operations to develop interfaces, utility programs, special reports or other tools.
- Research, test, develop and implement technical security solutions to support critical security systems, applications and control facilities. Help to evolve and refine the security infrastructure so that it continues to meet the changing needs of the corporation by incorporating new technologies and solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical support documentation and procedures regarding the security infrastructure, systems and processes used to protect corporate resources.
- Provide ownership and direction for assigned technologies or areas of responsibility.
2. Security Architecture and Strategic Planning
- Analyze the existing security infrastructure, software controls and transactional processes utilized throughout the organization to find identify weaknesses and areas of improvement. Provide detailed recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop and define the appropriate architecture and technical requirements necessary to address information security needs for the organization.
- Develop and define technical security requirements necessary for new products, services and technologies.
- Conducts research, monitors new product developments and makes recommendations regarding technologies which may benefit Information Security.
3. Information Security Project Management
- Develop detailed project plans in support of assigned projects. Commit to and meet deadlines in both quality and time.
- Provide project team leadership for security initiatives and work as part of a project team with other IT areas to ensure the necessary security tools, technologies and solutions are in place to meet the Information Security mission.
- Develop detailed system security documentation, process flows and administration manuals for computer security systems, servers, applications and utilities.
4. Security Assessments, Risk Evaluations and Compliance Support
- Develop, oversee and complete security product and vendor assessments and evaluations, make recommendations and coordinate product implementations.
- Develop security acceptance test plans and conduct security acceptance testing.
- Conduct audits, risk assessments and reviews of third party service providers, subsidiaries and partners who wish to connect to the corporate network.
- Assess and quickly resolve technical security problems related to areas of assigned responsibility while understanding the risk and exposure to the business.
- Provides technical direction, consultation and training for information security staff and emergency after hours support as required in support of the business.
- Be part of a team that provides after hour and weekend support on a rotational basis in order to respond to priority issues that occur outside of the normal business day.
- Assist in developing training and security awareness programs.
- Provide support for internal and external audit reviews and examinations.
- Conduct liaison with external security groups and information security professionals of other local businesses, industry groups and other organizations.
- Provide support for Navient sponsored initiatives, such as ElmNet and Meteor, help develop standards and participate on committees in order to improve security.
- Perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or additional equivalent experience above the required minimum
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years progressive experience working in Information Technology with at least 6 years of direct experience in Information Security.
- Must be familiar with security software products and audit tools used in both a mainframe or distributed computing environment.
- Knowledge of IBM MVS, RACF, TSO/ISPF/JCL, Novell Netware/NDS, Microsoft Windows NT/Active Directory, LDAP, Internet security and network security technologies (TCP/IP, firewalls, IDS, Anti-Virus products, etc.) and third-party security or audit tools is required, as well as understanding how to implement application level security controls and mechanisms.
- Must have some familiarity with SDLC as it applies to Information Security, understand information security concepts, protocols, “industry best practices” and strategies.
- Must have 4 or more years experience working with business units or non-IT departments helping to develop or implement security strategies and solutions.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project and application development teams, management and clients is a must.
- Prior project management experience and the ability to create project plans and manage to those plans is necessary. Analytical, teamwork, organization and time management skills are critical.
- Must be focused, energetic, meet commitments, be willing to take ownership, have excellent judgment and integrity.
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.