Submarine Integration Technician Newport, RI Summary: Applied Training Solutions is seeking a Submarine Integration Technician to join our Newport, RI team supporting the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) designing, constructing, and delivering the next generation of undersea warfare Training Systems to the Fleet
Your focus will be on Linux System and Network integration of both submarine tactical systems and training simulation infrastructure
General Duties: The responsibilities for this position are to install and integrate submarine training systems
Qualified applicants will perform the following tasks:
• Assist with Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, system services, application software and system management tools for Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
• Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance and to identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes.
• Troubleshoot Information Technology (IT) Systems to diagnose and suggest/implement potential solutions.
• Support physical hardware installation of IT computing equipment and cabling at both local and remote sites
• Bachelor's degree with 2 years' experience or High School Diploma / Equivalent with 7 years' experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Navy Submarine experience in any of the following: Information Technology (IT), Fire Control Technician (FT), Sonar Technician (ST), Information Systems Technical Electronic Warfare (ITS-EW), or other similar experience
• Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL or Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) distributions.
• Ability to Assist identifying operating system issues and produce patches to fix issues as required.
• Computer System/Networking troubleshooting skills
• Ability to be cleared to Secret Clearance
• Ability to work onsite in Newport Rhode Island Preferred Qualifications:
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with Submarine Tactical and Electronic Warfare Systems, including AN/BYG-1 and AN/BLQ-10, at the operation level and/or build/deployment level
• Experience with debugging issues with the Linux kernel
• Experience with Gluster, NFS, and other direct attach file systems
• Experience with System Build Automation Tools (Linux kickstart, Ansible, Puppet)
• Networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
• Current IAT Level I Certifications
• Computer/Electronics Hardware knowledge
• Configuration management experience with both centralized and distributed version control systems (e.g., SVN and Git)
• Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably Red Hat KVM (e.g., Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh) Other Requirements: US Citizenship required for this Position: Yes Performance Location: Newport, RI Relocation Assistance: No Clearance Type: Secret Travel Required: Yes Working Environment: Applied Training Solutions, LLC is a leading simulations company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions to government and commercial customers
Applied Training Solutions, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Configuration Management
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol