To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bulk Rig Truck Driver
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated • Easton, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Functional Area: Field Operations
Posting Locations: Easton
Operator Bulk Rig
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional Operations team! Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC), the largest independent bottler in the US, is looking for an Operator Bulk Rig!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Saturday’s as needed, 3am start time. Average 40+ hours per week.
Things you should know about working as an Operator Bulk Rig:
Safely and efficiently operate diesel powered tractor-trailer combination Commercial Motor Vehicle to transport and deliver products or materials in packaged or palletized form to and from customer locations for local and regional distances in accordance with FMCSA regulations and Company policies. Unload pallets loaded with product within customer accounts and reposition empty and loaded trailers.
What would success look like?
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, including the accuracy of the load, and prepare for operations
- Conduct a daily pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection and in route safety inspection of truck and various trailers to insure safe operation of all equipment according to FMCSA regulations
- Safely and legally operate the tractor-trailer at all times in accordance with all applicable laws and Company policy
- Check and complete in an accurate and legible fashion all the required paper work associated with freight, obtaining required signatures and documentation verifying cargo pick-up and delivery
- Effectively trip plan using maps, GPS, written or verbal information to ensure efficient, legal, and on time pickup and delivery to meet scheduled door times
- Using an electronic log, daily record of hours of service in accordance with FMCSA, state and Company requirements
- Load cargo and secure cargo against movement and damage within trailer. Maintain seal control as required
- Capable of reading and understanding information related to trip and be able to plan effectively for the trip
- Loading and unloading freight at customer locations using electric pallet jacks, manually or by other means
- Foster relationships with team members and store personnel to eliminate any potential issues and maximize volume opportunities
- Couple and uncouple truck from various trailers, slide tandems as needed, be able to lower and raise loading gear, and open and close cargo doors, climbing on and off the vehicle in a safe manner
- Refuel truck with diesel fuel
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork
- Other duties as needed to complete the day
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid FMCSA physical certification with Interstate non-excepted classification.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL or CDL A Permit (Commercial Driver’s License) valid for Interstate driving using manual and automatic transmission.
- Two (2) years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Have and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle record and successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Willing and able to regularly perform physical labor.
- Must successfully complete all initial and ongoing training.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job
- Must be able to perform all of the job functions safely
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job
- Must agree to wear the proper assigned clothes and shoes approved for this job
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED.
- Must read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to this position and to the FMCSA regulations
- Sales experience preferred.
- This position requires the driver to work outside exposed to a variety of weather conditions, including, but not limited to, high/low temperatures, humidity, wind, rain, and snow.
- It requires the ability to traverse Steps, Platforms, Protrusions, Narrow Accesses, Concrete, Steel, and Wood Floors, uneven surfaces, and safely enter/exit tractors and trailers
- Occasionally lifting, carrying, up to 25 lb.
- Infrequently lifting, jerking or pulling up to 100 lb. (5th wheel, sliding tandems)
- Frequent walking, bending, climbing (into tractor and trailer)
- Occasionally bending, kneeling and squatting for up to 1 minute at a time throughout the workday
All Company Commercial Drivers will be interstate non-excepted commercial drivers who meet all federal requirements (we do not employ intrastate-only drivers)
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
CCBCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.