To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64125
- Laura Holt
- Phone: 682-803-0420
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Custom Truck One Source • Kansas City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Warranty Advisor prepares records and reconciles warranty claims and submits them to the factory and distributors for defective parts. The Warranty Advisor reports to the Warranty Manager and assists in reporting reconciliation and internal branch training.
• Processes warranty claims.
• Verifies criteria required by factory or distributor.
• Tracks parts by tagging.
• Arranges for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor, or to be scrapped.
• Follows up with the factory and distributors regarding unpaid claims.
• Responsible for dealing with and negotiating with vendors for policy adjustments.
• Assists in training of the claim process.
• Reviews documents supplied by parts counter and mechanics for submission of warranty claims.
• Assist in training Service Writers on the warranty processes on submitting claims to company vendors.
• Assist in reconciling aging reports for the vendor accounts.
• Process warranty registrations in the rental fleet and all sold equipment.
• Organize and distribute service bulletins/campaigns for the company.
The following are representative of the knowledge and skills necessary for an applicant to be successful in the role Warranty Advisor:
Education & Experience
• Associates degree or other relevant college degree plus proven aptitude for role.
• Non-Degreed: 3 years proven experience in a similar role.
• Experience with heavy equipment sales, services or dealerships.
• Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups.
• Ability to maintain professionalism.
• Ability to meet deadlines and schedules in fast paced environment through setting priorities.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation-based communication skills.
• Ability to manage change effectively and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Computers — Knowledge of to be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• In depth knowledge of applicable warranty practices and laws.
• Strong technical knowledge of current warranty protocols and standards.
• Customer service focused with ability to effectively communicate through various means with diverse groups.
• Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Proficiency in the English language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
The following are representative of the mental and physical requirements necessary for an applicant perform the essential functions of this role:
• Attitude: This job requires people skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential to this position.
• Attendance – The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance 7:45 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary in order to meet business demands.
• Ability to work in a common office environment, including office machines, chemicals, and environments.
• Oral Expression and comprehension — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Written Comprehension and expression — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong then proposing solutions to the problem.
• Manual dexterity – The ability to type or operate common office equipment up to 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
• Sitting – The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties up to 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
• Lifting – The ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 10 lbs.